Writing JDs takes time, especially if you’re writing 500+ a month. The good news -– there are job description generator tools that automate the process. Now you can spend your time on what matters most –– finding the best talent.
What is a job description generator? The simple answer–– it’s software that creates JDs for any type of job. There are quite a few on the market (each with its own specialty).
So, I found 5 top job description generators for you to check out.
Some are paid, and some have free options. Let’s get started!
Ongig — Job Description Generator
If you’re an enterprise creating 100’s or 1,000’s of job descriptions per year, you might find Ongig a better fit. Ongig is a job description generator that creates JDs fast (and at scale).
To generate job descriptions, you’ll only need to make a few clicks to select a template, a job code (or req ID), an EEO or D&I Statement (by location), and then assign it to someone on your team to make edits (e.g., a recruiter):
The example above is for one Ongig customer’s workflow, but each account is customized based on how you manage your JD process.
The software also:
- Increases applications (including from diverse candidates)
- Saves time for recruiters (who aren’t copywriters anyway)
- Speeds up the time from when Job Req is approved to posted
- Finds “gotcha” words that are biased
- Integrates with MS Word, Excel, and ATSs
- Flags missing sections like Salary & Benefits, Diversity Statement, and others you might want to add
Enterprise-level pricing starts at $11,999/year and is based on company size, JD volume, and the size of your JD library (if you have one). You’ll need to request a demo to learn more about pricing.
Note: If you need help generating job titles for your JDs too, check out 5 Examples of a Job Title Generator.
Ryter — AI-based Content Generator
Ryter uses AI to create JDs with a few clicks. Here’s how it works:
- Select the language you want to use (there are 30+ options, which is great if you need to recruit in another country)
- Select a tone (casual, candid, convincing, etc.)
- Type in a job title (e.g., “Product Manager”)
- Choose the number of options (they call it “variants”) you want
- And click “Ryte for me” to get a sample job description to work with
Ryte generates a basic intro plus a few requirements and responsibilities. But, you’ll have to add other sections like salary, benefits, diversity statements, etc.
There’s a free plan for 5,000 characters per month. If you need more, you’ll have to upgrade to a paid version for $9 or $29 a month.
Job Description.ai — JD Generator
Job Description.ai uses data from 27+ global industries to help you create JDs.
If you’re looking for a JD generator with the main focus on JD and its nuances, you might want to look into this one.
It has a:
- Job Skills Generator
- Job Responsibilities Generator
- Job Qualifications Generator
- Job Role Summary Generator
You just choose the job industry, the job title, and click “suggest” to get an output like this one:
It also has a spelling and grammar check to make sure everything is polished.
Job Description.ai Pricing
The “startup” plan starts at $250 a month and has limited features. You’ll need to contact their sales team for a demo and pricing for “agency” or “enterprise” pricing.
PitchMe — Job Description Generator
The PitchMe Job Description Generator uses a click-by-click process to help you create JDs.
You start with the position you want to hire (data analyst, programmer, UI designer, software engineer, etc.) and choose a set of skills:
Then you’ll answer a few questions about the role:
- What are the contract type and salary range? (full-time, contract, etc.)
- Where will the role be based? (choose remote if you like)
- What’s the working environment like? (desk-centric, remote, startup, etc.)
- What type of role in the team? (team coordinator, collab, etc.)
- Who does the role report to? (the CEO, another manager)
- What are the work hours? (freelance, flexible, etc.)
- How many years of experience? (1-5, 5-10, or more than 10)
And key in your contact details to download a free PDF or post your JD from their site.
PitchMe offers 5 “freemium” credits to post your JDs on their platform. You’ll need to enter your name, company website, and a valid company email to get your free credits. Request a demo to learn more about their services and pricing.
Why I wrote this:
Ongig’s mission is to help you create effective JDs, at scale, through tools like custom templates and a job description generator. Please request a demo to learn more.
- 8 Best Job Description Generator Tools for Recruiters (by Snaphunt)