Employers are getting serious about job descriptions and investing more in them.
One of the biggest challenges is writing job descriptions that are gender-neutral and free of other bias.
This is where augmented writing plays a role.
What is Augmented Writing?
Augmented writing is technology that serves as a writing coach.
It helps improve writing by highlighting problem words and suggesting better words.
Augmented writing tools are important for job descriptions because they notice things that we don’t such as:
- Gender bias
- Exclusionary words
- Unconscious bias
- Age bias
- Paragraph and sentence length
- Use of bullets
Text Analyzer (by Ongig)
Ongig’s Text Analyzer is an augmented writing tool focused on job content. It’s part of Ongig’s mission to eliminate boring and biased job descriptions. Yes, this is a proud plug!
Text Analyzer’s Key Features
- Analyzes job descriptions in real-time
- Gender Bias and Non-Gender Bias (including race, age, disability, LGBTQ and more)
- Optimizes job description length and job titles
- Highlights overuse of bullets or adverbs
- Flags items that could get you sued or bad PR
Text Analyzer Pricing
Ongig’s Text Analyzer’s pricing begins at $999 per month and is based on job volume. There are free trials for companies that qualify. Request a demo to get an exact quote.
Textio is an augmented writing platform for many different uses.
One of their goals is to give employers the words they need to attract the people they want to hire, using language that reflects the very best values and culture.
Textio Hire Key Features
- Predicts how your writing will compete for talent
- Suggests changes to get a more qualified and diverse candidate pool
- Helps employers write new hiring content in a fraction of the time
- Textio Score – Measures how your job description will perform in today’s hiring market
Pricing is determined by the number of jobs you have open at the time you subscribe.
TapRecruit Smart Editor is job description software that specializes in augmented writing for job descriptions.
The goal is to help hiring teams write job descriptions that are thoughtful, concise, and welcoming to candidates from every background.
TapRecruit Smart Editor Key Features
- Provides language guidance on job descriptions
- Provides content guidance via augmented writing on job descriptions
- Job description score – Based on job title, job description structure, and avoidance of language known to make a bad impression.
- Employers with 5 open jobs or fewer: Starting at $499/month; employers with 35 open jobs or fewer: Starting at $899/month; Employers with more than 35 open jobs equest a quote
Job Descriptions Optimized is Talvista’s augmented writing product that leverages algorithms to write more effective job descriptions with real-time feedback.
Talvista Job Descriptions Optimized Key Features
- Analyzes job descriptions
- Identifies problematic terms and phrases
- Replaces those problematic terms with inclusive terms
- Job score – Based on Talvista’s job description best practices have been implemented.
Talvista’s pricing starts at $5,000 annually based on a couple of factors including:
- Hiring volume
- # of users (recruiters or talent acquisition team)
Reach out to Talvista for further details.
The Applied JD Analysis Tool is an augmented writing tool alternative out of the U.K. Applied (aka BeAppied) acts as a gender decoder for job ads.
Applied JD Analysis Tool Key Features
- Identifies any gendered language
- Inclusion score – Based on how content appeals to a broader audience
- Conversion score – Factors in readability and how understandable the text is
Applied JD Analysis Tool pricing starts at $299 Euros per month (Applied is a UK company). More pricing details are on their website.
JobWriter is a new augmented writing tool.
JobWriter’s Key Features
- Scans postings
- Highlights words that should be changed to make it entirely gender-neutral
- Suggests alternatives
Reach out to Jobwriter for more pricing details.
Why I wrote this
Ongig’s mission is to provide employers with well-written job descriptions that attract and engage candidates. Check out Ongig.com to see more about Text Analyzer (eliminates boring and biased JDs) and Ongig’s other solutions.