Do you want to create job descriptions online…that are consistent and bias-free? Here are 3 job description builder tools to help you:
- write more effective and inclusive JDs
- speed up your JD writing process
- create re-usable templates
So you can attract top talent. Let’s dive in.
1. Ongig Text Analyzer Job Description Builder
Text Analyzer is a job description builder tool that helps you create the best job ads fast. Ongig’s cloud-based software has a database of 10,000+ biased words with inclusive replacements.
…and acts as a repository so users can easily access approved templates or job descriptions (based on their access permissions).
Text Analyzer scans JDs for:
- bias (gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, elitism, neurodiversity, mental health, and more)
- complex words (e.g., “in order too,” “in accordance with”, and other “legalese”)
- missing sections (Salary & Benefits, Diversity Statement, About Us, EEO, and others)
- extra long lists of requirements (that might deter candidates from applying)
- excessive adverbs and run-on sentences (that make JDs harder to read)
…and suggests more inclusive language, SEO-friendly job titles, and other tips to help you write better JDs.
Once you create job descriptions online using Text Analyzer, you can export them to PDF, Word, and HMTL (easy copy/pasting)…or sync them to your applicant tracking system (ATS).
Enterprise-level pricing starts at $11,999/year and is based on company size, JD volume, and the size of your job description library (if you have one). You can request a demo to learn more about the features and pricing.
2. Jobsoid Job Description Generator
Jobsoid is a cloud-basedrecruiting solution for startups, recruiting agencies, small and growing businesses.
Jobsoid has a FREE job description generator (with an online library of 1000+ templates) to help you write JDs. Each job description template has an overview, general duties, and requirements.
All you need to do is choose a job title (or job family) to get templates you can customize:
3. Minute Creator Job Description Builder
Minute Creator is a free job description builder that scans a comprehensive list of job titles, duties, responsibilities, education, and physical requirements. This free tool uses occupational info from 8,000+ Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupation Classifications.
When you search for a job title (e.g., “Software Developer”), the tool creates a list of JD options plus a customized Word template you can download and edit.
Note: These templates are broad, so you might still need to trim down the requirements and purpose of your role.
Why I Wrote This?
Finding the right candidate for the job starts with a great job description. Ongig helps you build JDs that are effective and inclusive so you can hire top talent (and improve your JD workflow).