Today you’ll learn how to find your most valuable job pages in Google Analytics.
Specifically, I’ll show you how to find the job pages that generate the most organic traffic.
Why is organic traffic important?
- It’s free
- It’s relevant traffic
- It’s sustainable
Let’s dive right in.
How to Find Job Pages that Generate the Most Organic Traffic
Step 1: Find “Organic Search” Channel in Google Analytics
- Navigate to “Acquisition” (highlighted in red)
- Click “All Traffic” (highlighted in orange)
- Click “Channels” (highlighted in purple)
- Look for the “Organic Search” Channel (highlighted in blue)
Step 2: View Your Top Landing Pages within the Organic Search Channel
- Click the “Organic Search” Channel Link
- Click “Landing Page” as your primary dimension (highlighted in red) — The default primary dimension is “Keyword” so you will have to click on landing page.
- You might need to filter your pages (use the search box highlighted in blue) if:
- Your job pages are on a sub-domain (i.e. jobs.[company].com or careers.[company].com)
- Your job pages are in a certain folder (i.e. [company].com/jobs/software-engineer)
This report will show you the pages that are generating the most organic traffic (or what pages candidates are clicking through to from search engines).
It’s important to know your top organic landing job pages because:
- These are job pages candidates and job seekers are coming to on their own from search engines. This provides significant insight into what kind of jobs candidates are interested in.
- You can start to explore your site content and better understand how the search engine is ranking your pages and where some of your traffic is originating.
- You can use these top organic pages as a template for those that don’t rank as high. What are you doing on these top pages that are making them so successful?
- Gives insight into what kind of keywords your job pages are ranking for.
Why I wrote this
It’s important to know the best performing organic landing pages on your career site. Ongig helps optimize your job page SEO so you can rank higher in search engine rankings.