Job ads are becoming more creative and dynamic.
Employers are giving more robust content on job descriptions rather than just listing requirements and qualifications. Here are some features we’re seeing in job ads that were hardly used just a few years ago:
- Images and video
- Unique videos and images based on department, rather than 1 static image for all job postings
- Higher quality, high resolution images, rather than pixelated/blurry images.
- Design / ATS Page Overlays
- Better converting and more attractive job pages. Fewer employers are now showing a bare bones Taleo, Brassring, iCims job page.
- Examples of specific ATS job page overlays: 5 Examples of Effective “Overlays” for Taleo Job Pages , 5 Great “Overlays” For Kenexa-Brassring ATS Job Pages
- Department-specific content
- Probably the most challenging type of recruiting content to create, but has potential for the biggest payoff.
- Content marketing is already one of the highest converting and most cost-effective marketing strategies in general. Why not include it in your recruiting/talent acquisition strategy?
- Could also give an SEO boost for Google Search.
- Location-specific content
- Providing an option to look at office location is better than the candidate having to open a new tab and run a google search.
- Showing what the city has to offer from a lifestyle perspective is useful content.
- Employee-generated content
- Leverage employee-generated content on job ads. After all, “Employees rank as the most trusted influencers when communicating about their company’s engagement and integrity.” — Glassdoor Team. “Employer Branding, Meet Content Marketing”, 20 Jan. 2017
- Employee Testimonials and comments are also effective and easy to add to job ads.
- General Career Content
- Job pages should be a mini career site since candidates are landing directly on them (often bypassing your careers landing page).
- Review the highest performing content on your careers site landing page (i.e. engagement, conversion) and incorporate that content into your job ads.
- Related / Similar Jobs
- Add recommended jobs to give candidates every last chance to find a job that appeals to them.
- Provides a small SEO boost
- Recruiting Widgets
- Recruiting widgets like LinkedIn and Glassdoor make your job pages look better and help eliminate clicks (the goal is the least number of clicks as possible).
- Employer of Choice Awards
Below are 10 examples of the best job ads in 2018 that leverage these new ideas:
8. Unity Technologies
9. Under Armour