One of Amazon’s greatest advantages is their ability to innovate the customer experience.
And we in recruiting all know the “candidate” IS the “customer”.
We decided to have some fun and take 8 Jeff Bezos quotes and replace “customer” with “candidate”.
Read these over and really zoom out. Are you obsessively focused on candidates and creating the best candidate experience possible?
1. “We see our [candidates] as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the [candidate] experience a little bit better.”
2. “If your [candidate] base is aging with you, then eventually you are going to become obsolete or irrelevant. You need to be constantly figuring out who are your new [candidates] and what are you doing to stay forever young.”
3. “If you make [candidates] unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make [candidates] unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends.”
4. “If you do build a great experience, [candidates] tell each other about that. Word-of-mouth is very powerful.”
5. “We innovate by starting with the [candidate] and working backwards. That becomes the touchstone for how we invent.”
6. “If you’re competitor-focused, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being [candidate]-focused allows you to be more pioneering.
7. “If we can arrange things in such a way that our interests are aligned with our [candidates], then in the long term that will work out really well for [candidates] and it will work out really well for us.”
8. “The most important single thing is to focus obsessively on the [candidate].”
Why I Wrote This:
Ongig strives to provide the best pre-apply candidate experience possible through dynamic job descriptions and recruiting content.