Recruiting videos can generate 10’s of thousands to millions of candidate views. While it’s important to have formal/serious videos that articulate employer brand and company culture, it’s also effective to show the more human, down to earth side with humor and fun.
Here are a few employers and employees who nailed it with recruitment videos that caught our attention and gave us a laugh:
1. Dropbox: “Working at Dropbox”
2. Zappos “Family Music Video”
3. Twitter: “At Twitter, The Future is You”
And you don’t have to be a name brand to get some views on your recruiting video. Check out Meathead Movers:
4. Meathead Movers: Self-proclaimed “Best Employee Recruiting Video Ever”
The latest stats on these recruiting videos (in order of volume) are: Twitter (1,100,000+ views); Zappos (176,000+ views); Dropbox (83,000+ views) and Meathead Movers (16,000+).
About the Author — Rob is the Co-founder & CEO of Ongig, the first-ever Employer Branding SaaS that allows employers to attract the best talent in the world faster (including by letting you add a video to every job description!). Yelp, Autodesk, GoDaddy, Auction.com and BMC Software are among the early customers of the Ongig SaaS.
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- 10 Tips for Writing Effective Job Descriptions - January 18, 2018
- CDM Smith’s Simple Yet Powerful Example of Employer Branding - December 28, 2017
- Do You Have this Massive “Drop-Off” From Career Site to Job Descriptions? - December 26, 2017