There’s a new job board in town and it’s focused solely on video.
Vimeo, known as one of the biggest video sharing platforms recently announced its entry into the job market with Vimeo For Hire.
They’ll have over 30,000 video producers, editors, directors, operators, and more available for hire.
“Every business, brand, and agency today faces hurdles in producing video at scale”
“Right now, they rely on informal networks and word-of-mouth to find the right people to make those videos — which is time-consuming and inefficient.”
-Anjali Sud, Vimeo’s CEO
How Does Vimeo For Hire Benefit Employers?
- A new source for finding and connecting with video pros, job seekers, and candidates.
- In-depth candidate search — Browse by budget, location, skill, experience, or more than 25 roles/project types.
- Ability to view a candidate’s video portfolio and work
- You can also publish job postings that candidates can search for.
- No fees or commission — Vimeo believes their community deserves a cost-free way to connect with top creatives and make their next video project a reality.
It’s a very competitive market for video talent.
Video has become the focal point of marketing and advertising and continues to grow in areas like recruiting.
Here are some stats on the growth and demand for video marketing in 2019 from Wyzowl:
Companies will need to focus on specific types of video like Instagram stories. These types of videos are here to stay and engage consumers the most.
Here are some IG story stats:
Why I Wrote This
Video is a crucial piece to your ability to attract top talent and we support any platform that automates the creation of video. Ongig’s Candidate Experience software is a content management system that lets you add video to any job posting or career site page. Click the demo request button on this page if you’d like to learn more about Ongig.