We see lots of employer branding examples out there but this one seems simple, cheap and super-effective.
It comes courtesy of engineering and construction leader CDM Smith. It’s a simple employee photo contest:
- They asked employees to submit their best photos related to “what we do.”
- Employees sent in 300+ entries
- They added a select number of the photos to their About Us page which includes a “Join Our Team” (see below)
Here are close-ups of some of the photos that won or placed:
Just imagine the power of this employee value proposition:
- Employees feel valued for being invited to take part in the contest
- Some employees have fun taking the pics
- Other employees have fun seeing the pics live on their Web site
- Candidates get a visual representation of different divisions of the employer
- Candidates see that the employer values its employees
And keep in mind that 40% of millennials want to be involved in co-creating with brands and products, according to Millennial Marketing.
In this case, the employees of CDM Smith are co-creating the company culture.
It’s one of the simplest yet effective employer branding examples we’ve seen in a while.
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- 10 Tips for Writing Effective Job Descriptions - January 18, 2018
- CDM Smith’s Simple Yet Powerful Example of Employer Branding - December 28, 2017
- Do You Have this Massive “Drop-Off” From Career Site to Job Descriptions? - December 26, 2017