Great piece on diversity recruiting strategies employed by the American Heart Association (AHA) at SHRM last week. Most of their focus has been on diversity recruiting microsites. Some highlights:
Diversity Recruiting Best Practices at AHA
- Hired a diversity recruiting specialist
- Built six diversity recruiting microsites focused on diverse candidates, veterans and people with disabilities.
- Back-linked those sites and placing specific language in job postings about veterans, diversity and inclusion, and individuals with disabilities.
- Set up partnerships with hundreds of local diversity organizations across the U.S.
- Created a career fair advertised to diverse communities.
- Leveraged diversity job boards
- Removed artificial job requirements from job descriptions.
Diversity Recruiting Results at AHA
- The decreases in time-to-fill and lost revenue more than make up for the diversity recruiting specialist’s compensation when he or she builds relationships with diverse student bodies and diversity partner organizations.
- A 400 percent increase in its diversity application-to-hire conversion rate after launching the diversity microsites in 2014 (based on data from March 2016).