Spread the love
Great piece on diversity recruiting strategies employed by the American Heart Association (AHA) at SHRM last week. Most of their focus has been on diversity recruiting microsites. Some highlights:
Diversity Recruiting Best Practices at AHA
- Hired a diversity recruiting specialist
- Built six diversity recruiting microsites focused on diverse candidates, veterans and people with disabilities.
- Back-linked those sites and placing specific language in job postings about veterans, diversity and inclusion, and individuals with disabilities.
- Set up partnerships with hundreds of local diversity organizations across the U.S.
- Created a career fair advertised to diverse communities.
- Leveraged diversity job boards
- Removed artificial job requirements from job descriptions.
Diversity Recruiting Results at AHA
- The decreases in time-to-fill and lost revenue more than make up for the diversity recruiting specialist’s compensation when he or she builds relationships with diverse student bodies and diversity partner organizations.
- A 400 percent increase in its diversity application-to-hire conversion rate after launching the diversity microsites in 2014 (based on data from March 2016).
Co-Founder and CEO at Ongig
I am a 3-time CEO, author and proud father of my preemie baby Maverick! We created Ongig to transform your job descriptions to boost quality candidates and diversity. Ongig supercharges your job pages through video, images, chat, social sharing, microsite creation and much more. Jobs can be more easily found through Artificial Intelligence-based job search and all pages are Mobile and SEO- optimized. Ongig also analyzes the text of your JDs and our pro copywriting team will rewrite your job descriptions. Early clients of Ongig include Salesforce, Yelp, GoDaddy, Verizon, Intel & Autodesk. Request a demo if you'd like to chat about partnering!
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- 5 Free Hacks for Writing Effective Job Descriptions - May 9, 2019
- Why Starting Your Job Postings with “About Us” is Usually a Mistake - May 3, 2019
- 5 Storytelling Steps to Transform Your Career Site - April 24, 2019