If you’ve got Brassring as an ATS, you might want to double-check the following candidate experience flow to make sure your candidates are not experiencing a Confirm Form Resubmission error page (aka “a broken back button”).
Here’s the candidate experience flow you should quickly test:
1. Searches for a Job
The candidate does a Brassring-powered job search:
2. Views Job Description
The candidate views the Brassring-powered job description:
3. Clicks the Back Button & Sees this Error Page
Then the candidate clicks the back button on their browser causing them to see this “Confirm Form Resubmission” error page.
We did this exercise for 102 Brassring clients and found 45 (44.1%) of them having the Confirm Form Submission error page.
The technical reason for the Confirm Form Resubmission error is that when the candidate clicks back a page it is causing Brassring to resubmit the search/form and Brassring and some other ATS’s (see Taleo’s Confirm Form Resubmission post) don’t like this.
You can fix the Confirm Form Resubmission error through a developer. Here are some resources:
- Stack Overflow’s confirm form resubmission fix discussion forum
- A video showing the fix of the confirm form resubmission error in PHP
- A video showing the confirm form resubmission fix in a JSP environment
Or you can use a cloud recruiting platform like Ongig which automatically fixes confirm form resubmission errors and many other problems!
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- 8 Key Stakeholders in a Job Description Rewriting Project - February 15, 2018
- Applying The 6 Principles of Persuasion To Recruiting - February 13, 2018
- 5 Ways to Provide a “One-Click” Candidate Experience - February 8, 2018