As Elaine Davidson recently shared with us in Ongig’s How to Select a New Applicant Tracking System Guide, she has seen Applicant Tracking System pricing vary from $60,000 (US) to a “multiple six-figure investment” per year. Even startup companies will often spend $10,000+ per year on their ATS system.
Here are a few terrific resources we’ve found on ATS pricing with highlights from each:
Caption: The above chart (on annual ATS pricing) and others can be found at Siftery
Siftery’s ATS Pricing Benchmark Report
This awesome recent survey/report from Siftery has a number of useful graphs on applicant tracking software pricing, with insights including:
- Overall ATS pricing range from $3,000 (<10 employees) to around $140,000 per year (5,000+ employees)
- Note: There are plenty of ATS’s that are cheaper than $3K per year and more expensive than $140K per year, but Siftery’s range does ring true with what we hear for the majority of ATS pricing quotes.
- Greenhouse Software pricing ranges from around $6,000 to $25,000 per year for the clients they surveyed.
- Note: the largest Greenhouse customer they surveyed was in the 1,000 to 2,500 employee range and since Greenhouse is landing customers with 10,000+ employees, it’s fair to assume that Greenhouse pricing for larger enterprises well exceed $25K per year.
- iCims pricing ranges from $6,000 per year (51 to 100 employees) to $140,000 (5,000+ employees)
- Jobvite pricing ranges from around $4,000 per year (26 to 50 employees) to $100,000 per year (2,501 to 5,000 employees)
- Lever pricing ranges from around $3,500 per year to $140,000 per year (501 to 1,000 employees) (like Greenhouse, Lever has customers larger than 1,000 employees — just not in this survey)
GetApp’s Applicant Tracking Software Pricing & Reviews
This super-useful site lists some ATS Pricing for 106 ATS’s, though it’s often just the starting price. Still, even having the starting price can be real useful for testing out new ATS’s. Here are some highlights in order of the cheapest to most expensive ATS’s starting prices:
- Recruitee pricing begins at $19 per month (for 1 active job to $199 per month for 20 jobs.
- Trinet Hire pricing begins at $25 per month (1 job)
- JazzHR pricing starts at $39 per month
- JobScore pricing starts at $49 per month
- Bamboo pricing starts at $99 per month
- ApplicantPro pricing starts at $99 per month
- Bullhorn pricing starts at $99 per month
- CATS pricing starts at $99 per month($129 per month for direct employers)
- JobScience pricing starts at $100 per month
- CoMeet pricing starts at $150 per month
- JobDiva pricing starts at $200 per month
- SmartRecruiters pricing starts at $395 per month (Update: In September 2017, SmartRecruiters began offering a free ATS called SmartStart (it’s free for up to 10 active jobs at any point in time).
- Greenhouse Software pricing starts at $6,600 per year.
Staff.com’s List of Applicant Tracking Software Pricing
Staff.com founder Rob Rawson offers this killer Google Doc that he offers to the public with pricing on 63 ATS systems. Some highlights:
- iCims pricing for “Pre-Configured ATS $299/month (standard); Additional Recruitment Users $89/user/month; Additional Hiring Managers $10/user/month”
- Jobvite pricing is from $500 per month for < 100 employees with a $1500 ‘activation charge’ (which includes ‘training’)
- Taleo Recruiting pricing is $99 per month
- Zoho Recruit pricing starts at $19 per recruiter per month (free for 1 recruiter)
Quora Post on Taleo Pricing
Taleo may be the #1 ATS in market share but there is relatively little Taleo pricing information publicly available.
Quora has one good thread on How much can a company expect to pay for Taleo Recruitment Solutions which has a couple of answers:
- Taleo Recruiting pricing is $99 per user per month (this is a repeat of Rob@Staff.com’s mention above)
- $100 to $130 USD per user per month for the Taleo Business Edition (Taleo Enterprise will cost you much more; source: Victor Soroka of EPAM Systems)
Google ATS Pricing
In July 2017, Google formally introduced its “Google Hire” ATS. TechCrunch, ERE and other news outlets reported that Google for Hire pricing is roughly:
- $2,400per year for 50 employees
- $4,800 per year for 100 employees
- $12,000per year for 250 employees
The Google for Hire web site says it will serve employers with up to 1,000 employees though no pricing is available yet volume above 250 employees.
We noticed 12 clients using Google Hire during the beta in July 2017.
Free Applicant Tracking Systems (at least at some level)
There are some ATS systems that are free to use beyond just a trial. Here are some we’ve found:
- BreezyHR allows you to use their ATS free for just one job and has different levels up to $149 for 15 jobs.
- iKrut ATS – They have a free version of their ATS that offers about a dozen of the 30+ features for unlimited job volume and users (if you want the other features there are premium versions to buy through some “vacancy credit purchase” program.
- OpenCats – Free, open-source applicant tracking system.
- Fitzii – A free applicant tracking system for small businesses; they have extra paid offerings and add-ons.
- Zoho – They offer a Free ATS for up to one recruiter (the next tier up is $25 per recruiter/month and $50 per recruiter/month for the next tier up).
- Qandidate.com — Their home page claims they are a free applicant tracking system with 10,000 customers (though they are still in beta). We found one review site that said they make their money by offering employers in-app job postings (similar to Jobscore in its early days).
- MightyRecruiter.com — In September, 2017 they put out a press release stating that they would be a free ATS (unlimited open jobs, resume searching and user accounts).
- SmartRecruiters — In September 2017, they began offering a free ATS called SmartStart (it’s free for up to 10 active jobs at any point in time).
Quora Post on ATS Pricing Models
There is a great thread going on at Quora on the question “How do Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) usually set their pricing?” Highlights of that thread point to 4 different ATS pricing models out there:
ATS Pricing by # of Employees:
ATS Pricing Per Seat or Recruiter:
ATS Pricing by # of Positions:
ATS Pricing based on Features:
- iKrut ATS
Capterra’s Applicant Tracking System Pricing Models
Catpterra also has a nice summary of Applicant Tracking Software pricing models and points out that a 5th ATS pricing model is a flat monthly or annual rate which Newton’s ATS offers.
What’s been your experience with ATS pricing?
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- 5 Great “Overlays” For Kenexa-Brassring ATS Job Pages - October 17, 2017
- 3 Awesome Company Diversity Pages - October 12, 2017
- 10 Examples of an Awesome Company Career Page - October 10, 2017