Your job postings are a key piece of your recruitment strategy. And if you’re a Taleo client there’s a good chance you’re considering enhancing your job postings.
The top-level goals of your job postings are to:
- Engage the candidate
- Convert the candidate
With these goals in mind, you’ll want to look at your Taleo job postings through a marketing scope.
- Are your job postings modern (e.g. do they include hero media like an image or video)
- Are you visually branding your job postings (logo, color scheme, header/footer, etc.)?
- Are you utilizing recruiting content and information that candidates want to read about (i.e. salary, benefits, locations, maps) to increase candidate engagement?
- Are you getting creative with your job postings and doing what other employers aren’t?
Enhancing Job Postings with Taleo Job Page Overlays
You’ve probably heard us talk about job page overlays before.
It’s one of the best ways to take back control of your job postings from applicant tracking systems.
Job page overlays also allow you to answer all of those questions (we mentioned in the section above) with a YES!
Here’s how a Taleo job page overlay works:
3 Taleo Clients Enhancing Their Job Postings (Before & After)
Below are 3 employers that are doing it right.
We’ll show the “before” job posting (aka the Taleo job posting) and show you “after” job posting (aka the job page overlay).
Centene Taleo Job Posting (Before)
Centene Taleo Enhanced Job Posting (After)
Hilton Taleo Job Postings (Before)
Hilton Taleo Enhanced Job Posting (After)
Liberty Mutual Taleo Job Posting (Before)
Liberty Mutual Taleo Enhanced Job Posting (After)
Liberty Mutual Benefits Tab
Why Liberty Mutual Tab?
How To Enhance Your Taleo Job Postings:
- Use a recruitment marketing platform that focuses on job postings. Platforms like Ongig, Phenom People, Smashfly, TalentBrew and others make it easy to design, edit, and optimize job postings regardless of applicant tracking system.
- Hire a web design/developer agency. They often aren’t focused on job postings but have all of the capabilities to complete candidate experience to your exact specifications. Make sure to have a long-term plan for maintenance.
- Use developers that are in-house. The biggest investment here will be the time of your tech team. You’ll need a one-time build of the Taleo overlay and maintenance over time.
Why I Wrote This
When employers invest in an applicant tracking system, the ATS usually takes over the role of generating job postings.
Since applicant tracking systems aren’t meant to attract and convert candidates the job postings often take a hit.
Ongig’s career site builder integrates with ATS systems like Taleo to help employers design and include the content “they and candidates want”.