Spread the love
Hilton does 3 very smart things on its job descriptions to help build pipeline and increase quality of hire:
- Personalized Map — They provide a map on every job description showing the location of the hotel. You should also notice that your candidates picture can appear in the upper-right hand of the map thumbnail — talk about helping a candidate picture working with you!
- Six Photos — Ad guru David Ogilvy found in his ad tests that relevant images can have a materially positive effect on the readership of the rest of the ad (benefit for you: candidate engagement!). Hilton includes 6 photos of the location that the job is in, which is super-relevant to a candidate evaluating whether to work there. I’m continually amazed that so few retailers do this! (You can see another example of a retailer (HHM) using pictures in their job descriptions at Why Aren’t All Retailers Showing Pictures in Their Job Descriptions?)
- “Employee Testimonial” — Testimonials are a proven method of persuasion because they act as social proof for the candidate. Hilton puts an employee testimonial in each job description and they include it in quotes which is a nice touch since quotes are proven to attract a reader’s eye (another David Ogilvy principle of advertising).
Co-Founder and CEO at Ongig
I am a 3-time CEO, author and proud father of my preemie baby Maverick! We created Ongig to transform your job descriptions to boost quality candidates and diversity. Ongig supercharges your job pages through video, images, chat, social sharing, microsite creation and much more. Jobs can be more easily found through Artificial Intelligence-based job search and all pages are Mobile and SEO- optimized. Ongig also analyzes the text of your JDs and our pro copywriting team will rewrite your job descriptions. Early clients of Ongig include Salesforce, Yelp, GoDaddy, Verizon, Intel & Autodesk. Request a demo if you'd like to chat about partnering!
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- The Top 20 Recruitment Advertising Agencies - September 1, 2020
- Largest Week (and Month!) of COVID Layoffs Yet [October 5, 2020 Update] - July 13, 2020
- Neurodiversity: The Definitive Guide - May 26, 2020