Interesting factoid we just found when looking at 363 Taleo clients — when a candidate does a career site job search via the Taleo ATS, then views the job description, and then clicks the back button, there is an error page in about 18% of clients.
Here’s the candidate experience flow:
1. Searches for a Job
The candidate does a Taleo-powered job search:
2. Views Job Description
They view the Taleo-powered job description:
3. Clicks the Back Button and Sees This Error Page
We did this exercise for 363 U.S.-based Taleo ATS clients and found 67 (18%) having the error page.
The technical reason for this broken back button page is that when the candidate clicks back a page it is causing Taleo to do what’s called a “form resubmission” and Taleo and some other ATS’s don’t like this.
You can fix the Confirm Form Resubmission error through a developer. Here are some resources:
- Stack Overflow’s confirm form resubmission fix discussion forum
- A video showing the fix of the confirm form resubmission error in PHP
- A video showing the confirm form resubmission fix in a JSP environment
Or you can use a cloud recruiting platform like Ongig which automatically fixes confirm form resubmission errors and many other problems!
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- 44% of Brassring ATS Clients Have Broken Back Button Pages - August 15, 2017
- What Google For Jobs Means for Talent Acquisition Leaders - August 10, 2017
- 18% of Taleo ATS Clients Have Broken Back Button Pages - July 20, 2017