We’ve been playing around with Google Trends lately — check out the trend of search traffic volume to the 3 major social networks and the word “recruiting” over the last 5 years.
- Facebook gets the highest search volume (18% higher than Twitter and more than triple LinkedIn), though it’s fairly flat over the last 12 months.
- Twitter is catching up to Facebook and looks like it would pass Facebook some time this year if the trend line continues as it looks.
- LinkedIn is steady but nearly flat over the last year.
These are only search terms, and their traffic, but it’s interesting nonetheless.
Google Trends, if you haven’t tried it already, measures the search traffic of any keyword over a period of time of as far back as 2004.
Try typing in your own company’s name or product or market category.
Note: you might get “no results” if the traffic is too low.
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- 8 Key Stakeholders in a Job Description Rewriting Project - February 15, 2018
- Applying The 6 Principles of Persuasion To Recruiting - February 13, 2018
- 5 Ways to Provide a “One-Click” Candidate Experience - February 8, 2018