Ongig’s Text Analyzer uses AI to create job descriptions, remove masculine bias, and improve readability and writing with a click of a button. And you can use this tool to create a job description template that matches your needs.
- In Text Analyzer, click “New Job.”
- Next, click ‘Write Sample”
- Then, click the “Enter Job Title” field.
- Type any job title to generate a job description.
- Click “Generate Now”
- The job description will be created with a few sentences about the job and a list of responsibilities.
- It will also generate a bulleted list of Required Skills.
- …and Benefits. NOTE: You can customize to generate the content you need, and make edits to match your company guidelines.
- Click the “Reduce Masculine Bias” button to remove masculine language with a click of a button and give you “gender-neutral” terms as alternatives.
- You can also improve the “readability” of the job description with a click of a button by removing long sentences and complex words.
- Just click “Improve Writing”
- View the changes and then click “Accept Rewrite Changes” to have a better job description that is concise and inclusive of neurodiverse candidates.
AI automates the creation of job description templates
Now, you don’t have to start from the beginning when making job description templates. With the help of AI and automation, the whole process can be made easier.
Here are the benefits:
- Automate template creation – AI algorithms look at current job descriptions and find regular patterns and trends to create standard job description templates.
- Improve template consistency – AI makes sure that job description templates match the company’s look and voice. So, it keeps the language and style the same, following the company’s hiring plan.
- Enhance template accuracy – AI can check job description templates using relevant sources, industry norms, and job market trends to keep the templates correct.
- Receive real-time feedback and suggestions – AI can instantly help recruiters while they make or change job description templates. The feedback suggests ways recruiters can make job descriptions clearer and shorter. In effect, it also makes them work better.
- Customize job descriptions to specific roles – AI can figure out the skills, experience, and qualifications needed for each job. It then writes custom job descriptions that match the role’s purpose.
- Continuously update templates – AI keeps templates current with the job market and technology changes. So, this ensures that job descriptions stay relevant and work well.
- Personalize templates for different candidates – AI can customize job description templates based on the target candidate’s profile and preferences. This helps in attracting the best candidates for each role.
- Ensure compliance and eliminate bias – Find and remove possible biases in job descriptions to make sure they’re fair and follow the law and ethics. Also, ensure your JDs are compliant with industry or location standards. This helps create a more inclusive hiring setting and also draws in a wider range of candidates.
- Boost performance – AI creates useful data insights for recruiters to check how well job description templates work. So, they can see things like how many people are interested and how many apply. Also, they get to see the quality of candidates. These insights help make job descriptions better, making it easier to hire the right person later on.
Understanding the importance of job description
Job descriptions play a crucial role in connecting employers and candidates. They do this by sharing details about the roles, responsibilities, and qualifications. They also help to set expectations for a specific job.
According to Zipdo, about 32% of job seekers prefer it when company websites show job titles and descriptions. So, they like having clear information about the job, making it easier for them to apply.
A good job description brings in the right candidates and makes expectations clear. So, this can make employees happier and more likely to stay with the company.
Why recruiters should use AI to create a job description template
Using AI tools to automate job description templates is important for making the hiring process faster, better, and more successful overall. Here’s how AI can help:
- Automation saves time and money because it removes the manual task of writing job descriptions. So, this way, HR can concentrate on other important parts of the hiring process, such as conducting interviews.
- AI helps make job description templates consistent. So, this means all job posts look the same and professional. It also helps create a strong and unified employer brand.
- Removing inappropriate words helps you reduce the risk of errors and ensure compliance with employment laws. So, this helps avoid offending candidates based on their background or demographics.
- If you want more people to apply for jobs, AI can help by using Natural Language Processing (NLP) to translate job descriptions into many languages. So, in this way, you can reach applicants from around the world.
The state of AI in the recruitment industry
- Tidio’s AI recruitment study revealed that almost 67% of HR professionals believe that AI has many benefits and a positive impact on the recruitment process: about 44% thought it would free up the recruiter’s time, and 41% said AI would provide valuable insights during the recruitment process. In comparison, 39% thought it would make a recruiter’s job easier.
- In Eightfold AI’s report, The Future of Work: Intelligent by Design, 73% of the 250 HR leaders surveyed said they already use AI in recruitment and hiring. In comparison, 41% of respondents said they intend to increase AI use in recruitment and hiring in the future.
- According to Facts and Factors, the global AI recruitment market size is estimated to grow to USD 890.51 million by 2028.
How to create an AI-powered job description template
Now that we’ve discussed how AI automates your JD template let’s create an AI-powered job description template:
- Outline the role – Talk to the hiring manager to clearly understand the position, what the person will do, and what qualifications they need. So, make sure to find out which skills are necessary and which ones are just a bonus. Also, ask about the KPIs for this role to make sure the responsibilities and expectations are a good fit.
- Perform keyword research – Use ChatGPT or Ahrefs to conduct keyword research related to the job so your job description is optimized for search engines and job boards. Remember the search volume and the search intent of your chosen keywords so you choose job titles that are relevant and popular to candidates.
- Apply Natural Language Processing (NLP) – AI tools such as Fetcher and Tellent (Recruitee) can make your job description sound more friendly and natural, instead of formal and stiff.
- Use inclusive language – Ongig’s Text Analyzer can help you identify and remove gender and racial biases in your job text so you attract more candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Conduct competitive analysis – AI tools such as Arya use predictive analytics to gather important data on common trends like pay and skills. So, this helps make your job descriptions more attractive to candidates.
- Use personalization – Use AI algorithms to customize job descriptions according to candidate profiles, making it a more personalized experience. So, think about things like location, industry experience, or specific skills that matter for the job. Also, remember to showcase your company’s strengths and values to make your job description stand out and be more memorable for applicants.
- Proofread your job descriptions – Edit them to make them more precise and concise so they are more readable and easier to understand.
- Ask for approval from the hiring manager – Before posting them on job boards, run the final version of the job description to the manager for approval.
After choosing the best candidate and finishing the hiring process, AI can provide insights about how well your job description performed. So, this includes things like how many people clicked on it, applied, and the quality of the candidates. You can use this information to make your descriptions better for future hires.
AI limitations in writing job descriptions
While using AI in writing job descriptions offers numerous benefits, there are potential challenges and problems that recruiters should be aware of like the following:
- Although AI is helpful, it can’t completely understand all the details about a company’s culture and values. So, job descriptions might miss a personal touch that connects with candidates and truly reflects what the organization believes in.
- Depending too heavily on AI-generated keywords can make job descriptions sound too robotic. Or it might start to repeat the same things over and over. This might make it harder for applicants to relate to the job, possibly leading to fewer people applying.
- Sometimes, AI algorithms might not understand candidate profiles correctly, which can make personalizing job descriptions less effective.
How to address AI limitations
Addressing potential AI problems in job description creation requires diligence and monitoring.
Here are strategies to mitigate the challenges when using AI to create JD templates:
- Check your AI-made job descriptions often to find and fix any biases or mistakes. So, make sure the job details match your brand and what your company believes in.
- Make simple rules for using AI to write job descriptions. This includes how to use language, the tone, and any specific words for the industry. So, recruiters might check and edit AI-made job descriptions to match the company’s style.
- Ask hiring managers, employees, and others for their thoughts on how well the AI-made job descriptions are working. Use what they say to make AI algorithms and job templates better, so they connect with the right candidates.
- Keep current with the rules and laws for using AI in hiring. Check job descriptions regularly to make sure they follow the laws about not discriminating and offering equal opportunities.
- Keep the information in AI training up to date by adding the latest and most relevant details regularly.
Use the latest datasets to train AI models and avoid outdated or biased details influencing job descriptions.
Write I wrote this:
Ongig’s AI-powered Text Analyzer can help you quickly generate job description templates that are compliant and bias-free. Contact us to schedule a demo.