Recruiters often wonder about the best job boards to work with. We thought we’d look at four leading job boards and see where their search traffic was trending (courtesy of Google Trends). You can click the image to refine the search more.
The trendline shows:
- Indeed eclipsed Monster in late 2011 to be the most searched job board of the four listed here.
- CareerBuilder has held steady in terms of search traffic with a slight uptick in traffic starting in late 2010.
- Glassdoor passed Careerbuilder in Q1 of 2014.
This is just a quantity metric for these job boards. We’ll cover some quality metrics of job boards in another post.
Note: We excluded LinkedIn and Craigslist to keep the comparison apples-to-apples (i.e. people Googling those job boards are also searching for non-job board information so the #s would be much higher for LI and CL).
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- 2017 Annual ATS Report Preview on TotalPicture Radio Podcast - March 27, 2017
- VR Job Simulator Game Reaches 200 Million Views on YouTube (in less than a year!) - March 20, 2017
- The Top 5 Mistakes Employers Make When Choosing a New ATS - March 15, 2017