I’ve written a lot about job descriptions. But I figure you might want one single place to quickly find something you need on anything related to JDs, job ads, job postings et al.
So please enjoy this new Free Job Descriptions Guide. When I say it’s “free”, I mean it. It’s not gated. You don’t have to give us your name or email. For some even more valuable more tips on writing job descriptions, check out How to Write a Job Description — Best Practices & Examples.
Just click and enjoy!
Here’s the table of contents:
- History of the Job Ad
- Why are Job Descriptions Important?
- Who Typically Writes Job Descriptions
- Using Marketing and Copywriters to Write Job Descriptions
- EEO Statements in Job Descriptions
- Diversity in Job Descriptions
- Gender-Neutral Job Descriptions
- Readability in Job Descriptions
- Positive and Negative Word Use in Job Descriptions
- How Long Should Your Job Descriptions Be?
- Should Job Descriptions Include Salary?
- How to Write a Job Description (10 Tips)
- How Copywriters Write Job Descriptions
- Applying Psychology to Job Descriptions
- Writing a Title for Your Job Posting
- Sample Job Description Template (Internal)
- Sample Job Description Template (External)
- Eliminating Job Descriptions?
I will continue to update this free guide.
Big thanks to: Tim Sackett, Matt Charney, Matt Alder, Bill Boorman, Matt Buckland, Sabrina Baker, Mervyn Dinnen, Matt Sherman, Stacy Donovan Zapar, Greg Lewis, Lauren Holiday, Hung Lee, Ben Gledhill, Lori Sylvia
Ping me and my team at email@example.com if you’d like us to add anything to it.