Hilton does 3 very smart things on its job descriptions to help build pipeline and increase quality of hire:
- Personalized Map — They provide a map on every job description showing the location of the hotel. You should also notice that your candidates picture can appear in the upper-right hand of the map thumbnail — talk about helping a candidate picture working with you!
- Six Photos — Ad guru David Ogilvy found in his ad tests that relevant images can have a materially positive effect on the readership of the rest of the ad (benefit for you: candidate engagement!). Hilton includes 6 photos of the location that the job is in, which is super-relevant to a candidate evaluating whether to work there. I’m continually amazed that so few retailers do this! (You can see another example of a retailer (HHM) using pictures in their job descriptions at Why Aren’t All Retailers Showing Pictures in Their Job Descriptions?)
- “Employee Testimonial” — Testimonials are a proven method of persuasion because they act as social proof for the candidate. Hilton puts an employee testimonial in each job description and they include it in quotes which is a nice touch since quotes are proven to attract a reader’s eye (another David Ogilvy principle of advertising).
Co-Founder and CEO at Ongig
Ongig is the video job description platform that helps you attract the best talent faster. Ongig supercharges your job descriptions through video, images, and other media along with live chat, social sharing, and careers microsite creation. Early clients of Ongig include Yelp, GoDaddy, Verizon Digital and Autodesk.
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- The Top Applicant Tracking Systems Annual Report (2017) - May 23, 2017
- Applicant Tracking System Cost and Pricing Models - May 12, 2017
- 5 Ways to Make 7-Figures as a Talent Acquisition Leader - May 8, 2017