If you’re serious about diversity, you need a diversity page on your website that is associated with your company career site.
Here are 3 company diversity pages that impress us:
How killer is Apple? I know: a bunch of us are fanboys (I should also say fangirls!), but Apple comes right out with a sweet-looking diversity page with hard data on their diversity hiring (which isn’t a pretty picture). Good for Apple. Some highlights:
- Diversity Data — It starts with the data. Sharing it publicly shows transparency. Good candidates love this!
- Hero Media — Great full-screen pics of employees talking about diversity
- The Diversity Chief — If you’ve got a diversity chief, make sure to mention her front and center. A quote helps
- CEO Quote — If diversity really matters, the CEO should be involved, right? They lead with a quote from their CEO
- Breaking Down Diversity — They have a nice breakdown of how they see the different pieces of diversity (hiring inclusion, education, communities) — this shows more thought that the average employer
- Data — They show the actual breakdown. Candidates love this (even if the #s need improvement)
- Social Proof — They have 3 magazines discussing Google’s commitment to diversity
- Good Headline — The page doesn’t look like brochure-ware and it leads off with a headline that looks like something out of a magazine. That’s good copyrwriting/marketing (I mean that as a compliment — good copywriting is effective).
- Social Proof — They show through the tweet thumbnails that the employees are really behind this diversity.
- CEO Quote — Again, it starts at the top.
If diversity recruiting is important to you, check out Ongig’s new gender-neutralizer. Our software analyzes your job descriptions and our copywriting team gives them a monumental upgrade. We have more than tripled the hiring of women and ethnicities for Fortune 100 companies through Ongig’s job description rewriting solution. It’s truly magical.
Latest posts by Rob Kelly (see all)
- 5 Great “Overlays” For Kenexa-Brassring ATS Job Pages - October 17, 2017
- 3 Awesome Company Diversity Pages - October 12, 2017
- 10 Examples of an Awesome Company Career Page - October 10, 2017