Interested in working for a startup?
There’s some good chatter over on Quora on a question called “How To Evaluate Whether To Work For A Startup?”
My favorite 5 tips from Quora are:
1) Your manager is vital (source: Keith Rabois, COO of Square in San Francisco)
2) Ask yourself: “What can I learn” from working for this startup and “will I enjoy learning it?” (startup advisor Adam Rifkin)
3) The CEO is always critical (self-proclaimed “know-it-all” Andrew Gumperz).
4) It all comes down to people & culture (a bunch of people mentioned this).
5) Trust your gut (a few people mentioned this).
#1 is so important to Ongig that we mandate that every one of our job postings shows the name and picture or video of the hiring manager.
If you’re interested in sizing up a startup job, you might also consider reading The ‘5 C’s’ On Why An A-Player Switches Jobs – they are Career Development, Culture, Creativity, Convenience & Compensation).